Nestle is currently conducting a nation-wide search for a highly skilled and accomplished individual to lead its manufacturing operations located at the Regional manufacturing site. This position, will report directly to the Nestle President. Efforts will be focused on key performance indicators, quality management systems and continuous improvement and will work cross functionally with Human Resources to recruit, onboard and train our future workforce. Our customers in local manufacturing sites, wholesale and distribution channels, as well as agro foods, consumer goods, warehouse locations, distribution stores, e-commerce and more, are very fussy and so are we. You will assess operational efficiencies, create standardised procedures, implement improvements and drive efficiencies across the site. Through strong leadership and development of the team, you will ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are upheld, the highest standards of health and safety are maintained and will develop a culture of exceptional customer service and service delivery. We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
Responsibilities & Duties-
• Bottom line responsibility for all manufacturing operations, facilities and personnel.
• Manufacturing, Production Planning & Control, Quality Assurance, Safety, Compliance, Engineering, Maintenance & Repair, New Product Development and Capital Expenditures.
• Develop, monitor and approve annual manufacturing budget, take corrective and/or remedial action based on thorough analysis and review of monthly budget variances.
• Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to meet all manufacturing as well as corporate goals and objectives and optimize corporate performance and customer satisfaction.
• Hands-on participation in the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and training of all key manufacturing personnel and, occasionally, others as necessary and appropriate.
• Supervise, manage and direct daily activities of manufacturing management team and all functional department heads (i.e. Quality Assurance, Production Planning & Control, Engineering and Maintenance) and utilize Performance Management System to establish individual goals and objectives, track progress and evaluate performance.
• Work collaboratively with COO, CFO and VP Sales & Marketing within the framework of a robust Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) system to forecast sales and ensure the requisite bill-of-material inputs, production time and distribution network are available to satisfy demand and deliver all orders complete and on time.
• Expand, relocate and modernize company’s manufacturing facilities and overall footprint, as necessary and appropriate, to minimize operating and distribution costs and build a world class manufacturing network.
• Key role in OEM and related ancillary machinery and equipment specification, sourcing, evaluation and purchase as well as new product development.
• Champions continuous and, when practicable, step change improvement in all manufacturing operations and pursues manufacturing excellence using various lean and related advanced tools and methodologies, including but not limited to TPM, PDCA, OEE, QMS, Kaizen, Kanban and Pareto, Gap and Root Cause analysis.
• Defines, establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations.
Minimum Requirements –
• Minimum Bachelor's degree (B.A / BSc) from an accredited four (4) year college program in business, engineering or related field. A graduate level degree a definite plus but not required.
• Minimum 7-12 years of progressive manufacturing experience, preferably in fast paced, high volume, FMCG’s or similar manufacturing environments, with at least four (4) years in management and significant multi-site experience.
• Additional academic and/or job based training, experience and certifications in Lean and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) processes, including, but not limited to, Kaizen, Kanban, Six Sigma, 5S, TPM, PDCA, VA/VE, VSM, SMED and SPC required.
• Keen eye for talent and the ability to teach, coach and mentor team members and future leaders.
• Must have prior knowledge of, working experience with, and previous responsibility for commonly used monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and budgets as well as budget variances and related corrective/remedial processes.
• Confident, but not arrogant, “can do” attitude and demeanor, delegates, when necessary and appropriate, but instinctively “trusts” and “verifies”, demanding and uncompromising but always fair and equitable, passionate and driven agent for continuous improvement, change and success.
• Should be “hands-on”, hard-working, self-motivated and, more often than not, self-directed, should rarely need to be “coached up” and/or redirected.
• Strong management, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and stay cool under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to and work with both internal and external customers, alike, at all levels.
• Must be creative, resourceful and flexible in responding to ever changing company and/or customer driven initiatives.
• Intermediate to Advanced level Microsoft Office 365 skills ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
Nestlé has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other's differences while recognizing individual strength. Nestlé never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with Nestlé is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.