We are the global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness!. Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere! Our corporate ambition is to create the best performing; most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve this, we need the world’s very best people.
The Maintenance and Engineering Manager will provide essential leadership in the areas of production operations, Safety, Plant preventative Maintenance, Asset care and Performance, Manufacturing Excellence, CAPEX Budgeting/Planning and Project Management. This proactive position leads a team of Production Experts in operations and maintenance of the distillery plant to meet targets. The ideal candidate should be capable of innovative thinking, ability to prioritize, balance multiple projects, tasks and interpersonal needs in a multifaceted, changing environment.
• Zero Harm - Drive a culture of safety ownership, with a continuous focus on improving safe work practices. Work to eliminate safety hazards, respond quickly to any safety issues, and ensure continued safe operation.
• Effectively lead and develop a diverse, highly engaged team of Production Experts responsible for all aspects of production, preventative and autonomous maintenance as well as driving operational improvements. Strong leadership and communication skills are critical for this role.
• Drive a strong engagement platform and develop a sustainable continuous improvement culture.
• Deliver business strategy by linking Plant, Team, and Individual performance. Set objectives and performance standards for the Production Experts. Develop and deliver annual team training plans.
• Oversee indirect reports and outside contractors. Establish and lead project teams, as required.
• Decide type and extent of plant engineering and related programs for accomplishing strategies and objectives of the related Guinness Distillery, Plant.
• Remain abreast of changes in distilling, processing and maturing equipment, plant utilities, insurance regulations and government compliance related to plant operations and engineering standards.
• Provide guidance and mentorship in process, design, and engineering required for the proper planning, budgeting, design, and implementation of capital projects.
• Deliver Key Performance Indicators relating to Best in Class Asset Care.
• Support Guinness’s industry leading environmental sustainability initiatives on reducing water, power and steam usage.
• Develop and implement Asset Care budgets. Continuously seek improvements or ways to decrease costs to deliver the most efficient operation.
• Collaborate with central engineering teams on new capital projects and improvements.
• Ensure compliance with Guinness and regulatory requirements e.g., TTB and EPA. Identify business risks and implement vital change to achieve.
• Build & use relationships within Guinness supply sites and the broader regional business.
• Track standard manufacturing measures, prioritize and plan plant maintenance opportunities.
• As a member of the site leadership team, you will be integral in high-level decision-making impacting both short- and long-term business strategy guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technical or Engineering (Civil, Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical preferred).
• 5+ years of experience in a maintenance and engineering leadership role.
• Experience in managing production and maintenance within manufacturing.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, and flexible environment with changing priorities.
• Excellent financial and budgeting experience.
• Knowledge of Reliability Maintenance techniques and data analysis, use of applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and business systems such as SAP.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to communicate to all levels across the plant
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to lead and drive improvements
• Customer oriented with good interpersonal relationship skills.
• Working knowledge of regulatory and safety requirements.