We have an exciting opportunity for a Factory Maintenance Supervisor, to join our team based at our regional refurbished Factory. The team's short term and long-term goals include introducing a long-term maintenance strategy and continually developing it. Increasing asset intensity and reducing time stops, working towards being the best maintenance team in the region. We’re expanding our factory network and introducing a new manufacturing facility designed with the climate in mind. Our regional factory is a brand new, state-of-the-art facility and distribution center with cutting-edge technology and advanced systems designed with sustainability at the forefront. Innovative water recycling processes, zero waste to landfill, and fully recyclable product packaging made from food-safe materials are just some of the programs we’ve implemented to support Nestlé’s ambition for zero environmental impact by 2030. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the safe execution of maintenance activities to ensure efficient factory operations, such as manufacturing, utility services, boilers, compressed air, electrical services, and general building maintenance. The Maintenance Supervisor also provides coaching and skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in areas such as loss elimination, risk management, and life cycle asset management, to sustain a proactive planned maintenance program. Other responsibilities include training, coaching, and assessing mechanics on maintenance and engineering related elements of Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE), using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to establish “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture. At Nestlé, we believe in the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone. Guided by this purpose, we constantly aim to push the boundaries of what's possible with food, beverages, and nutritional health solutions. Our people make this possible. They are behind the strength of our brands, the quality of our products and the future of our business. Their ideas and efforts push our boundaries, drive innovation and help us to continually improve, deliver and succeed. You also become part of a Nestlé culture that is rooted in respect, empowered to experiment and to learn from failure. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities, We look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
Primary Key Responsibilities:
• Guide the factory to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an impact on personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
• Monitor factory/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
• Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
• Facilitate the evolution/refinement of maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (e.g., PM’s and changeovers).
• Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments and audits.
• Ensure work orders are executed on-time and offer a high-quality workmanship.
• Ensure that the job planning, material, and services planning is accurate and effective.
• Ensure that the equipment history, damage code, and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
• Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
• Responsible to review and evaluate personnel concerning performance, safety, and training.
• Share NCE and other maintenance-related best practices across factories.
• Collaborate with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and factory partners to ensure customer needs are met.
• Conduct regular inspections of factory to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
• Consolidate and analyze the factory budgets.
• Drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of Group Engineering Specialists and
• Manage the technical stores, scheduled work orders, labor hour allocation, and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
• Ensure work execution is in compliance with Nestlé and government regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing, engineering, technical, military, or related environment required.
• Minimum High Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Process, Reliability, or related field) preferred.
• 2+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing, technical, construction, engineering, military, or related environment required.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a technical field; food manufacturing or consumer goods industry, including Maintenance responsibilities.
• Willingness to work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required.
• Willingness to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be extremely cold, wet or warm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead, motivate, and develop others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (e.g., SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
• Asset and Maintenance Management (AMM)
• Industrial Services and Energy Management (NEMT)
• Personnel Supervision (of technical teams, contractors or other 3rd parties).
Nestlé has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other's differences while recognizing individual strength. Nestlé never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with Nestlé is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.