At Guinness, we’ve never stopped looking forward. We’re continuing to build on our heritage and, with e-Commerce at the heart of everything we do, we’re creating our legacy for tomorrow. Join us and explore new ways ahead with digital sales channels, consumer insight and data. As you help us to keep shaking up the market with industry-leading solutions, you’ll transform your career too. We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits and iconic beer brands like Guinness. We believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of the Guinness Manager, Customer Service; you will be responsible for providing leadership and for optimizing results in all areas of customer service and supply including distribution, transportation, production services and scheduling. You will lead customer service departmental operations, towards the vision of a high performance team culture and drive change management initiatives to continually improve both plant and process operations to meet World Class Operations Standards. You will contribute to the operations manager group onsite developing short term tactics and contributing to the brewery strategy over a 5 year time horizon. This position reports to the VP & Plant Manager and works closely with brewery leadership team, unit managers, production supervisors, skilled trades and brewery workers.
• Leads and is responsible for production scheduling, financial and operational performance, inventory and material management, asset care and reliability, and project engineering for customer service and supply.
• Ensures high quality products are warehoused and shipped cost effectively through maximizing operational efficiency and reliability.
• Leads and supports brewery safety, sustainability, and environmental initiatives.
• Develops local strategies and tactics in alignment with the brewery and integrated supply chain strategic plan.
• Is key interface with distributors and field sales to ensure that brewery quality and service levels are exceeding distributor needs in collaboration with corporate customer service.
• Represents the brewery to our distributors and trade customers.
• Collaborates and coordinates with external and internal customers to ensure optimal customer service.
• Acts as the functional business owner for projects that impact the area of responsibility.
• Ensures every Customer/Consumer receives excellent customer service and contributes significantly to ensuring Guinness maintains its position as supplier of choice.
• To build brilliant Customer/Consumer relationships that maximize the value created in every Customer/Consumer interaction.
• Take personal ownership of all Customer/Consumer queries & issues and act as first point of escalation for resolution of Customer Queries.
• Build great business partnerships with Supply, Commercial, Marketing, Finance and Quality colleagues.
• Ability to optimally prioritize customer issues and build on customer knowledge when making decisions.
• Ability to build great relationships with customers.
• Takes full ownership for delivering on promises, speaks up when operational standards are not accomplished.
• Act as the main responsible for the tracking and status of each order.
• Ensure continuous delivery of customer orders On Time and In Full.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Customer care, Sales/Marketing, Supply chain or relevant field.
• Graduate qualification, preferably a master's degree with an emphasis in related areas such as Customer Service and Attention, Sales, Marketing.
• Minimum experience of 5 years in similar positions in Management (preferred).
• Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment.
• A motivated leader that can inspire others. Respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development.
• A skilled negotiator focused on the client; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you.
• Organizational and planning skills to develop customer service policies.
• Excellent commercial or business acumen.
• Strong Projects management and Presentation skills.
• Budget management and cost control skills.
• Effective communication skills / interpersonal understanding.
• Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service assistants.
• Knowledge of SAP and Sales Force/CRM tools is a significant advantage.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues as well as internal and external stakeholders.
• Good team player
• A commitment to improve your customer service skills on an on-going basis.